Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Advice: Selling a car?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SCedGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2002
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am looking for some advice. As you may have seen in a previous post I am selling my 96 GSR.

    Details:
    -Stock with the exception of tokico blue shocks(stock springs).
    -126,000 miles (probably needs a ring job. dropped compression in #2 cyl-180.)
    -b16 tranny (grinds in 3rd)
    -body/paint in decent condition.

    I had an offer from a close friend for the complete motor swap. Some personal issues came up and he is unable to go through with it. In the mean time I already pulled the motor.

    I have two options in getting rid of this car. Selling it whole, or selling the swap and the shell seperate.

    How much realistically should I expect to get out of the car whole with the problems listed.

    How much would a motor swap like this go for? A gsr swap from importautosalvage typically runs $3500. (I don't expect close to that.)

    How much would a complete rolling GSR chassis bring?

    I guess my question at this point is to try to sell whole, or sell seperate. It needs a radiator and a secondary o2 sensor to get rolling again.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gsrteggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i'd sell the supercharger and parts separeate on ebay in the spring, and sell the car with NA engine.

    As for the tranny, I'd throw a new third gear and synchro in, and a hub and slider and shift fork if needed.

    Sell the car to some person looking for a normal car, and the engine should not be an issue.
    Or you can trade it in at a dealership.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member gsrteggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    and get a radiator from a junk yard [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member kevinca's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2002
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    u can get a lifetime warranty radiator shipped free from radiators.com for $100

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •